She was a single momma. He was just nineteen. Yet, they somehow fell in love, got married, and made a hit for themselves on Youtube procuring millions of views per video on their Youtube channel.
The memoir style book, Cole and Sav published by Thomas Nelson, fills in the details of how they fell in love.
In Cole and Sav you’ll find…
- Cole and Savannah LaBrant’s story of how even though they had social media platforms prior to their love relationship, they became a bigger success together.
- what it’s like to take the role of stepfather and how Cole did so successfully with Savannah’s daughter, Everleigh.
- making a relationship work even with a messy past life. In this case, Savannah had made several poor relationship choices, including the one with her child’s father. Whereas Cole led a fairly innocent life upon meeting Savannah.
- the topic of purity. Even though Savannah messed up in her past, Cole and Sav both decided to make it a goal to hold out for each other ’till their wedding night.
- how faith is the foundation of their relationship and their career.
- and of course, how a twenty-three year old single mom and a teen boy from a church background fell for each other.
Who is the book Cole and Sav for?
I’m sure the book, Cole and Sav was meant for their already large following on Youtube. Heck, I wanted to read the book because I saw several of their down-to-earth yet entertaining videos on their shared Youtube channel. To me, they had wonderful chemistry together and I loved how they cared to share their faith openly to their audience even though they’re not necessarily labeled in the spirituality column as vloggers. (Psst, this more recent video is a cute one in case you haven’t seen Cole and Sav before.)
With that said, my driving force for reading the book was sheer curiosity based on their adorably sweet videos together.
And with that said, if I hadn’t seen them before, there may have been some parts of their book that would have read a little mundane. I think some of those parts that have a bit of a lull could have been skipped out in favor of fleshing out some of the more interesting tidbits like building their social media platforms and adjusting to their newly married life.
As I mentioned, yes, the book Cole and Sav is mainly is for their expansive Youtube audience, but I also think it would benefit teens who are thinking about dating and future marriage as well as single moms to lend them hope, and young parents of blended families.
Final thoughts on Cole and Sav
Cole and Sav was an easy read book filled with struggles and triumphs of falling in love. I give it 4 out of 5 stars and recommend it to the aforementioned audience.
Hope is always an option,
I kindly received this book for free from Harper Collins in exchange for an honest review. All opinions and images are my own. Please don’t duplicate without permission.